The lamentations of the Three Amigos, Crist, Fried, and Taddeo
If anyone read the Palm Beach Post, The Sun-Sentinel, or any dead tree legacy media anymore, they’d think Florida was in terrible shape when nothing could be further from the truth.
Sunday, the Three Amigos, Charlie Crist, Nikki Fried, and Annette Taddeo, running in the Democratic primary for governor to see who has the honor of being destroyed on election day by Governor Ron DeSantis, appeared together in Broward County.
As described by Anthony Man of the SunSentinel, they practically wept with pain and sorrow about Florida’s sad state of affairs.
Boo, hoo, hoo.
Dry your tears, weepy ones; Florida is doing fantastic.
As the Florida legislature winds up its 2022 Session, the economic news is good for us Floridians: Florida is in much better shape than almost any other state to maintain our economic viability.
- Some economic and financial bullet points about Fla:
- Florida’s economy is rebounding to pre-pandemic levels in Fiscal Year 2021-22,
- Budget revenues continue to exceed the latest estimates.
- Floridians’ tax burden in Fiscal Year 2021-22 reduced, taxes cut by $169 million.
- Florida’s job Growth Rate on pace for three times faster than U.S. job growth.
- The state’s private-sector job growth increased by 5.6% year over year, a level of growth only seen in four years in the past 30 years,
- Florida’s labor force has increased by 540,000, representing a 5.4% increase, significantly higher than the national rate of 0.8%.
Florida unemployment rate dropped to 4.9% in 2021.
- Florida putting big money into infrastructure, workforce development.
- Year ago, legislature passed and DeSantis signed a $2.5 billion executive order for water quality and Everglades restoration work.
- The state has substantial funding in reserves, for unforeseen emergencies. State credit rating is AAA (S&P rates U.S. government AA+).
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) is 82.0 percent funded, one of the best funded pension plans in the nation.
The Sun-Sentinel article by Anthony Man is for subscribers only, but here it is.
Follow PBC Jolt on Facebook
Follow PBC Jolt on Twitter
You may also like: The Palm Beach County political whirlwind named Tracy
Be sure to read: Former Palm Beach Post sportswriter announces run for State House
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer and his Dem Allies Should Cancel Self-Serving March Election - January 11, 2023
- Freedom Needs Strength and Courage to Survive - January 9, 2023
- DeSantis Appoints Michael Barnett Palm Beach County Commissioner for 4-3 GOP Majority - January 6, 2023