NORAD Tracked UFO Shot Down Over Canada by U.S. F-22 Raptor, Trudeau Greenlighted Shootdown

U.S. and Canadian aircraft have shot down an “unidentified object” that violated Canadian airspace Saturday afternoon. NORAD had reportedly been tracking the object before fighter jets from the two member countries scrambled to intercept it. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he gave the order to engage the object and confirmed that an American F-22 took it down.

Subscribe to Florida Jolt Newsletter!
“I ordered the take down of an unidentified object that violated Canadian airspace,” Trudeau announced on Twitter. “NORAD Command shot down the object over the Yukon. Canadian and U.S. aircraft were scrambled, and a U.S. F-22 successfully fired at the object.”

Trudeau said he had spoken with Biden that afternoon about the object in Canadian airspace. “Canadian Forces will now recover and analyze the wreckage of the object,” Trudeau wrote. “Thank you to NORAD for keeping the watch over North America.”

Airspace near the village of Mayo in the Yukon Territory was closed off prior to the engagement. NORAD had confirmed earlier that they had detected an unidentified flying object in Canadian airspace but did not provide further details.

Unidentified Flying Object Shot Down Over Alaska, White House Says ‘We Do Not Know Who Owns It’

The shootdown comes little more than a day after U.S. military aircraft took down another “high-altitude unidentified object” that had breached American airspace over Alaska. No information has been released on either object confirming its capabilities, purpose, or origin. U.S. officials say that Friday’s aircraft was headed toward Canadian airspace when it was shot down. National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said it was roughly the size of a small car.

“The object was flying at an altitude of 40,000 feet and posed a reasonable threat to the safety of civilian flight,” Kirby told reporters on Friday. “Out of an abundance of caution and the recommendation of the Pentagon, President Biden ordered the military to down the object. And they did. And it came in inside our territorial waters.”

U.S. military, Alaska National Guard, the FBI, and local law enforcement officials are still working to recover debris from the Friday shootdown. According to the New York Times, recovery teams have reportedly been forced to work slowly due to freezing temperatures and limited sunlight. A spokesman for the Pentagon said that the wreckage was being taken to labs for analysis.

The United States has been on high alert since a Chinese spy balloon violated U.S. sovereignty after crossing into U.S. airspace over Alaska on Jan. 28. It was later spotted over Montana. It was allowed to traverse the continental United States after White House officials said a shootdown would have threatened civilians on the ground. The U.S. Air Force eventually intercepted it off the coast of South Carolina on Feb. 4.

The discovery on Monday of a Chinese satellite conducting research over Hawaii further heightened tensions.

Follow Florida Jolt on Twitter
Saturday’s shootdown was the second time in less than two days that an American F-22 Raptor has shot down an unidentified flying object. An F-22 also shot down the Chinese spy balloon while it was over the Atlantic.

This story is still developing.

Other stories you may want to read:

Mysterious Green Lasers Seen Over Hawaii Likely From Chinese Satellite

CDC Adds COVID Vax to Child Immunization Schedule

Share via
Share via
Send this to a friend