British Man Dies Attempting 21 Cocktail Challenge at Jamaican Resort

Timothy Southern, 53, of Lichfield, Staffordshire, England, was on vacation with his family in Jamaica and died after attempting to partake in a challenge that involved drinking all 21 cocktails featured on a bar’s menu.

Southern drank his way through 12 of the menu’s various cocktails when he returned to his hotel room at the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean in Saint Ann, Jamaica, where he later died, ITV News reported.

Subscribe to Florida Jolt Newsletter!

A pathologist in Kingston said the 53-year-old Staffordshire man’s cause of death was “acute gastroenteritis due to alcohol consumption.”

Staffordshire-area coroner Emma Serrano ruled his death was alcohol-related, the outlet reported.

Tommy Southern

The initial investigation into Southern’s death found that he drank brandy and beer throughout the morning.

At some point during the day, he met two Canadian women celebrating a birthday.

The women told him they were trying to complete the 21-cocktail challenge before midnight as part of their festivities.

His family members — on the trip with him — said they tried in vain to help him.

“He was on his back choking. I put him in the recovery position and screamed for an ambulance. He was making a gurgling sound. As soon as he was in the recovery position, he vomited. I was shouting his name with no response,” one of his family members told authorities.

The family has since expressed outrage and dissatisfaction with the emergency crews who tried to save him in his hotel, claiming they were unprepared to take care of him effectively.

“When the nurse arrived, I said had an ambulance been called, and she said ‘no.’ I thought she would take over. But that was not the case. I noticed he was starting to lose temperature. I checked his pulse and couldn’t find it,” the relative said.

Southern’s family has expressed disappointment with the life-saving measures EMS took before his death.


“She said he had a pulse. I was starting to lose it. I got a full look at his face, and I thought he had passed away.”

“I said, ‘Don’t just sit there looking at him; start CPR.’ She only gave him chest compressions. Maybe if she had known what she was doing, maybe he would still be here.”

A pathologist in Kingston, Jamaica, gave the cause of death as ‘acute gastroenteritis due to alcohol consumption.

Join your fellow patriots and subscribe to our Youtube Channel.

Other stories you may want to read:

[Video] Florida Double Murderer Elbows Attorney in Face – Sentenced to Death

[Video] Houston Pastor Helps Neighbors Thwart Attacker

Share via
Share via
Thank you for sharing! Sign up for emails!
Making our country Great Again and keeping America First takes teamwork.

Subscribe to our newsletter, join our team of Patriots, and read real conservative news you can trust.

Invalid email address
Give it a try, you can unsubscribe anytime.
Send this to a friend